Firefox Sync 1.3b5 (formerly known as “Weave 1.3b5″) has been baking out in the experimental build world for awhile, and a lot of great progress has been done. For those that were early weave adopters, you’ll find a lot has changed everywhere, from the server to the client.
Some of these changes include:
- Rebranded as Firefox Sync
- New facelift to the weave client UI
- Improved response time with sync
- Bookmark backup before initial sync
- New production server clusters built to handle larger loads
- Support on Fennec devices
- Many others. See release notes
Firefox Sync 1.3 Final is going to be highly publicized and encouraged for daily usage. We’re hoping to release this month, but there’s still a lot of testing of the client and server that we could use feedback on. If you’re interested, here are quick ways you can get involved:
- Download the latest Firefox Sync here. Click “Experimental Version” in the green bar
- Create and sync your bookmarks, history, passwords, tabs, and preferences. You can follow a more complete testplan here.
- Report bugs through the weave forum or through Bugzilla.
- Finally, follow us in irc.mozilla.org, #labs for conversation and questions!
As always, contact me: firstname.lastname@example.org,, if you would like to get involved with Mozilla Products Testing and Firefox Sync!