Where did the weeks one and two go? Well, I just didn’t document it. Anyways, a recap of what happened the past two weeks.
I really began to work on this project on May 10. And for nearly one and a half week, I’ve been doing what I posted earlier. In the end of last week, I began to make real progress, wrote down 50% of the preferences test, and they seemed to work. I’m not saying it’s done, the review is left. What I did now is to concentrate on the small details of the preferences options in Fennec like to see whether the About Fennec leads to the About Fennec page, checking to see whether the on/off states of all the options remain as it is even if I closed the preferences, verify the various button states and panning the preferences view.
Now I’m concentrating on testing the preferences list for selecting home page, verifying the core functionalities of preferences and zooming states. It has been exhausting trying to get the methods I want to use for testing. Thanks to Mark Finkle and Joel Maher (mentor.. 🙂 ), I’m able to crack down on the issues and hopefully get the tests for review this week itself. Still lots to work to do in this, and also for other tests (zooming/panning, download manager, awesome bar).
Yup, pretty hurried posting. But can’t think of anything else as my mind is full on how to go about testing that particular button, so on. I’ll look to update this post with some snapshots, may not be worthwhile, but would benefit wanna be Fennec contributors. So sionara folks!