Welcome to the Mozillians project. We love working with old and new
The community has worked to find creative ways to make the phonebook a
place where active and trusted memebers of the community can connect. The
latest set of features seeks to push new contributors and returning contributors to be
more active in shaping our community.
The new trust model:
- Anyone can create a Mozillians account.
- 1 vouch allows users to search for and view Mozillian profiles
- 3 vouches are needed to vouch for new Mozillians
A test environment is live on our dev server – mozillians-dev.allizom.org
– and ready for your critical eye. We welcome you to explore the features and offer
your open, honest, and unabashed feedback.
There are two areas that you can get involved with helping test; feature
verification using exploratory testing techniques and test automation coverage.
Setup for manual testing
Here are the unverified features that needs to still need to be tested. Find
a bug that needs verification and begin testing.If you have questions reach
out in IRC – #mozwebqa or #commtools – and introduce yourself.
Myself or another community member will help you.
To get started you’ll need:
- Disposable email addresses so you can create test accounts on dev I recommend free services like Mailinator or 10minutemail.
- personatestuser.org is one of my preferred tools if you don’t need to verify receipt of email but it forces you to parse a json file.
- Create an account on our dev server.
- Some of the test scenarios will require a vouched account. You can automatically vouch yourself by appending /vouch to the url.
- For example mozillians.allizom.org/u/your_account_name/vouch.
- Alternatively you can unvouch yourself by appending /unvouch to the url.
Setup for test automation
Creating test automation assumes that you have a bit of experience writing code and working with version control.
- Work through the mozillians-tests project ReadMe
- Review the open git issues for the project and assign one to yourself
- Talk to us in the #mozwebqa irc channel. We have a popping fun community that is energetic and would be thrilled to work with you.
We really appreciate your enthusiasm and help with making the community
phonebook better. This is fully a community initiative and wouldn’t exist
I look forward to seeing you online!