When Mozilla’s Quality Assurance (QA) team announced that they are looking for community contributors to design a General QA Participation Badge, the most frequently asked question was about badge designs that are already in use today. Visual designers are interested in submitting a design but are not familiar with Open Badges, and so needed to see some examples to get started.
This is a showcase of badge designs from participating issuers of the Open Badges Project. Visual designers are welcome to get some fresh inspiration from these designs and come up with original ones of their own.
Mozilla General QA Participation Badge
Mozilla QA needs a visual designer to create a General QA Participation Badge. Interested? You need not be a professional designer ‐ we’d love to have anyone try their hand at creativity and submit their design.
- To submit designs, please upload your images to Flickr and tag them with mozqabadges. (This part is very important ‐ we won’t see your submission if it’s not tagged properly.)
- Designs are due on Friday, August 16 2013 8:00 PM PST.
- Deliverables include 90×90 PNGs for each badge, with a maximum size of 256kb.
- Avoid using existing branding.
- Badge design should be predominantly illustrative (photography should be used sparingly or not at all).
- Text should be avoided on the badge itself.
- Graphics should be legible at small sizes.
If you have questions, please send an email to email@example.com and we’ll respond as quickly as possible.