At the end of month January, Developer Engagement Team organized an event world wide to encourage people to learn and hack apps for Firefox OS. More than 25 locations joined the movement and organized a Firefox OS App Days event . The goals were:
- Educate and inspire developers to work on HTML5 apps and submit them to the Firefox Marketplace
- Amplify and inspire grassroots developer momentum worldwide
- Create opportunities for local developers to showcase their apps
- Raise awareness of Firefox OS and the developer ecosystem
The events was organized also in Bucharest, Romania with the help of the Romanian Community on January 26th. More than 100 people subscribe to the event that took place at The HUB Bucharest. First part of the day was dedicated to presentations to help the audience to understand and get more into Firefox OS , Web Apps and Firefox Marketplace:
- Ioana Chiorean – Introductions / About Mozilla
- Valentin Gosu – Firefox OS and its mission
- David Bruant – Manifest, installing from a website, WebAPIs)
- Alex Lakatos – Make an app in 10 minutes
- Andrew Williamson – Marketplace
- Victor Porof – Developer Tools and Firefox OS
- Florin Strugariu (Bebe) – Firefox OS Testing using Marionette
The second part of the day was more of a hackathon. Participants started building up apps for our bellowed new OS. At the end of the day 13 demos was presents. There were developed games, mind map generator, agenda, different social uses for maps and quotes generator.
Keep the momentum going!
Photo credits go to Ioana Chiorean and Bogdan Calapod Marius.