Hello, Firefox Mobile testers!
Our goal is to provide you with mobile news and guidance towards how and where you as a tester can help out! Thanks for helping out; your input is greatly appreciated!
What’s New in Fennec Native UI this week?
- ADU update : Aurora – 913 (+17% from last week) ; Nightly – 1044 (+7% from last week)
- Newsgroup archive is available : https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/android-mobile-nightly-testers/
- Feel free to discuss issues you encountered in this email newsgroup!
- Features to look at now: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/NightlyFeatures
- crashing from rotation is mostly fixed, there are still some crashiness to be investigated
- page size flickering no longer happens
- tab restore (Bug 703450/Bug 697858)
- stabilization concentration
- Please see the testing areas, tips and tricks in how you can help!
What’s Coming up in Fennec:
- “Show character encoding” (Text encoding) preference
- Sync Support
- Jan 16 2012: String Freeze
- Jan 16 2012: First Run Walk-Through
- Jan 30 2012: Beta Declare
- Feb 27 2012: Public Announcement at Mobile World Congress
- March 30 2012: Final Release
How to download the latest Fennec Native UI build:
- Enable ‘Unknown sources’ in Settings | Application Settings on your Android device
- Go to: http://nightly.mozilla.org
- Click and download the Android installer under the mobile section
Testing Areas, Tips and Tricks:
- Please test on various devices that can run Fennec Native
- Head to your favorite sites and file bugs on sites that do not work or don’t meet your expectations
- Play with the bookmarking and recent visits as well as the session history (forward/backwards navigation)
- Download the Zippity Addon: http://people.mozilla.com/~mfinkle/fennec/addons/testharness-mobile.xpi and go to about:testharness to perform various tests
- Explore away with testing these features https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/NightlyFeatures
- Nightly builds now support Flash (on Android 2.3 and Android 2.2)
- Note: you will need to download and have installed the latest version of the Flash Player from the Android Market
We want to hear from you!
- If you think you’ve discovered a bug, you have options:
- Discuss the issue in this email newsgroup
- you can file it in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.mozilla.org) under the product: “Fennec Native”, or just follow this link: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fennec%20Native.
- You can also feel free to message this mailing list if you have questions in regards to features: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-platforms-mobile
- Any feedback on the newsletter can go to: Naoki at email@example.com
- To subscribe : please go to https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/android-mobile-nightly-testers
Til next time,
The Mobile QA Team