Welcome Firefox Mobile testers!
Our goal is to provide you with mobile news and guidance towards how and where you as a tester can help out!
This Week’s Headlines!
- Readability improvements
- User Agent switcher – allows for fetching desktop version of web sites
- Viewport support : web page no longer wider for pages that use viewport
- General panning and zooming improvements with more to follow
- Features to look at now: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/NightlyFeatures
What’s New in Fennec Native UI this week?
- draft of about:home
- console.log support in logcat
- user agents – allows for mimicking desktop web site
- viewport support : web page no longer wider for pages that use viewport
In Other News:
What’s coming soon to Fennec on Android?
- recommended addons from AMO support
- double tap zoom
- remodelled about:home
- And more!
How to download the latest Fennec Native UI build:
- Enable ‘Unknown sources’ in Settings | Application Settings on your Android device
- Go to: http://nightly.mozilla.org
- Click and download the Android installer under the mobile section
Testing Areas, Tips and Tricks:
- Head to your favorite sites and file bugs on sites that do not work or don’t meet your expectations
- Download the Zippity Addon: http://people.mozilla.com/~mfinkle/fennec/addons/testharness-mobile.xpi and go to about:testharness to perform various tests
- Explore away with testing these features https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/NightlyFeatures
- Nightly builds now support Flash (on Android 2.3 and Android 2.2)
- Note: you will need to download and have installed the latest version of the Flash Player from the Android Market
We want to hear from you!
- If you discover a bug, please file it in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.mozilla.org) under the product: “Fennec Native”, or just follow this link: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fennec%20Native. If you need assistance, feel free to message this mailing list: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-platforms-mobile
- Any feedback on the newsletter can go to: Naoki at email@example.com
- To subscribe, please go to https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/android-mobile-nightly-testers
Til next time,
The Mobile QA Team