Welcome Firefox Mobile testers and Happy Holidays!
Our goal is to provide you with mobile news and guidance towards how and where you as a tester can help out!
This Week’s Headlines!
- Session tab restore
- Save Image
- Native crashes reported separately in Socorro!
- Clear site settings (Clears site login, geolocation settings, popup settings)
- Newsgroup archive is available : https://mail.mozilla.org/pipermail/android-mobile-nightly-testers/
- Feel free to discuss issues you encountered in this email newsgroup!
- Features to look at now: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/NightlyFeatures
What’s New in Fennec Native UI this week?
- Save Image
- Click to play (flash) Improvements
- Clear site settings (Clears site login, geolcation settins, popup settings)
- Viewport improvements
- Tab UI improvements
- Native crashes reported separately : https://crash-stats.mozilla.com/products/FennecAndroid
- Session tab restore (Restore tabs from previous session)
What’s coming soon to Fennec on Android?
- Robotium support
- Character Encoding
- Note: Features are now being frozen, this build will be moving on to Aurora
How to download the latest Fennec Native UI build:
- Enable ‘Unknown sources’ in Settings | Application Settings on your Android device
- Go to: http://nightly.mozilla.org
- Click and download the Android installer under the mobile section
Testing Areas, Tips and Tricks:
- Head to your favorite sites and file bugs on sites that do not work or don’t meet your expectations
- Download the Zippity Addon: http://people.mozilla.com/~mfinkle/fennec/addons/testharness-mobile.xpi and go to about:testharness to perform various tests
- Explore away with testing these features https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/NightlyFeatures
- Nightly builds now support Flash (on Android 2.3 and Android 2.2)
- Note: you will need to download and have installed the latest version of the Flash Player from the Android Market
We want to hear from you!
- Feedback Questionnaire : What are the 3 top things that you think needs to improve? Please reply to this mailing list: email@example.com
- If you think you’ve discovered a bug, you have options:
- Discuss the issue in this email newsgroup
- you can file it in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.mozilla.org) under the product: “Fennec Native”, or just follow this link: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fennec%20Native.
- You can also feel free to message this mailing list if you have questions in regards to features: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-platforms-mobile
- Any feedback on the newsletter can go to: Naoki at firstname.lastname@example.org
- To subscribe : please go to https://mail.mozilla.org/listinfo/android-mobile-nightly-testers
Til next time,
The Mobile QA Team
Filed under: mobifx, mobile, Planet, QA, QMO, Uncategorized Tagged: mobifx, mobile, Planet, QA, QMO