Welcome Firefox Mobile testers!
Our goal is to provide you with mobile news and guidance towards how and where you as a tester can help out!
This Week’s Headlines!
- Newsletter has now changed to a weekly updates on the Native UI Firefox Mobile
- Test day is tomorrow! It’s a great opportunity to chip in for an hour or two. Please join us on #testday on irc.mozilla.org : https://etherpad.mozilla.org/qa-testday-native-ui-nov-11
- Features to look at now: https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/NightlyFeatures
What’s New in Fennec Native UI?
- There will be some incoming ui changes; Doorhangers are notification messages such as popup notifications, or geolocation
- System menu -> Preferences -> Send performance data [checked]
- Tabs-list :
- Tabs are now created and listed by the drop down icon in the upper right hand corner
- Full screen video :
- long tap on a webm video and select full screen
What’s coming soon to Fennec on Android?
- Enhanced pannning and zooming experience (gestures included)
- Add-on support
- Context Menus
- Text Selection
- And more!
How to download the latest Fennec Native UI build:
- Enable ‘Unknown sources’ in Settings | Application Settings on your Android device
- Go to ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/mobile/nightly/latest-birch-android/
- Download and install: fennec-10.0a1.en-US.android-arm.apk
Testing Areas, Tips and Tricks:
- Use various languages for typing in text fields
- Doorhangers use notifications: try going to web sites that have popups
- go to your favorite html5 site and watch videos in full screen!
- Explore away with testing these features https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI/NightlyFeatures
We want to hear from you!
- If you discover a bug, please file it in Bugzilla (http://bugzilla.mozilla.org) under the product: “Fennec Native”, or just follow this link: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Fennec%20Native. If you need assistance, feel free to message this mailing list: https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/dev-platforms-mobile
- Any feedback on the newsletter can go to: Naoki at email@example.com
Til next time,
The Mobile QA Team