Welcome to the latest edition of our newsletter. Here is what the QA team has been up to the last two weeks as well as some QA-related events that may be of interest. As always, your feedback is welcome and appreciated.
- November 4-6, 2011: Mozilla Festival in London
- Last week we had a testday to check plugin compatibility in Firefox 8 (http://quality.mozilla.org/events/2011/10/18/plugin-compatibility-testday/). Thanks to the efforts of the community, we were able to test half of the plugins resulting in 8 bugs being triaged. Please join us this Friday when we will be exploring Crash/Hang/Performance issues.
Automation Services have been hard at work organizing their goals for the next quarter. We are going to be working on some infrastructure goals that allow us to automate l10n tests and how we update Firefox.
The team has also started work on Selenium Support for Firefox Mobile, which is also a goal for the quarter. The team is also looking to see how we can increase the automated test coverage of Firefox Mobile. A new test strategy will hopefully be out for people to read in the next addition.
Mozmill has had 2 releases this week and has been rolled out into our test infrastructure. To find out more about it please read Henrik’s blog posts.
Browser Tech and Mobile
- Mobile Update and notes from the Mobile Workweek.
- Firefox 8 Beta has deployed another update on your Android device! What’s included this time is Faster Startup, Tablet UI refresh for Honeycomb, Web App support, master password, and Telemetry performance measurement. Please visit https://market.android.com/details?id=org.mozilla.firefox_beta&feature=search_result on your Android device to install your Beta today!
- The Mobile Team is cooking up a new version of Fennec soon. Stay tuned for more. If you’d like a preview, see https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/NativeUI.
- Flash support has landed on Nightly. Play around with it, break it, and file bugs
- Two weeks ago, there was a Sync outage that all sync users to face a yellow error bar saying their account credentials was not correct. We apologize for the inconvenience, and all issues have been resolved. However, if you still are facing issues, please help us out by filing bugs with your log reports. More instructions can be found at: http://quality.mozilla.org/qmo-news/2011/10/06/update-on-firefox-sync-issue/
- We had a BrowserID test day two weeks ago! If you’ve missed the test day, you can still learn more about this project by visiting http://identity.mozilla.com/.
- There are several community events upcoming that we are participating in:
- Contribute to Mozilla booth at Mozilla Festival in London
- MozCamp in Berlin
- Marcia Knous and Henrik Skupin of the QA team will be attending and speaking at this event.
- MozCamp Asia in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Tony Chung of the QA team will be attending and speaking at this event.
- Work continues on the QA SIG role for the Mozilla Reps program. We need your feedback on this role and any suggestions you may have regarding QA and testing. The SIG is an important QA initiative and we have made it one of our quarterly goals to try to work to get this program started.
- Contributor Survey: This week is the last week to submit your feedback to the Contributor Engagement team. If you have ever help Mozilla QA over the recent weeks, months, or years, please take a moment to fill out this survey (http://mzl.la/pCnv4Q)
- Last week we released Firefox 8.0b4 (ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla.org/firefox/releases/8.0b4/) and are now working toward Firefox 8.0b5.
- We recently launched the Firefox Affiliates website: https://affiliates.mozilla.org, as well as shipped multiple versions of the Firefox Add-ons (https://addons.mozilla.org), Firefox Support (https://support.mozilla.com), as well as did another small update to our Mozillians website (http://www.mozillians.org).
- Continued planning for Q4.