Some new and exciting events have happened in the mobile world at Mozilla!
- Telemetry has landed. Please enable it!. You can find this in the Preference->Feedback-> Send performance data. Details on what Telemetry is does can be read on mfinkle’s blog ( http://starkravingfinkle.org/blog/2011/08/firefox-mobile-send-performance-data/ )
- Ted has landed an addon called Android Symbol Sender ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/mobile/addon/android-symbol-sender/ ). It provides us with symbols to look at a crash stack properly. Please install this if you are experiencing crashes in Firefox.
- If you are interested in the latest news regarding crashes on a weekly basis to see what is getting fixed and what remains, there is a weekly crash report available for viewing at: https://wiki.mozilla.org/index.php?title=QA/Fennec/crash_rep_19Sept2011
- If you do crash, please go to about:crashes and check to see if your crash was listed. If your crash was listed, please click on the link to verify that the crash was sent to Socorro.
- Bug 459117 is meta bug to help try to make Firefox for Android faster; this includes things such as panning, content refreshing, and making the startup time faster. There has been advances in shrinking the startup time on the Sept 16th nightly build.
- What’s new on various channels : https://wiki.mozilla.org/Mobile/Platforms/Android#What.27s_new.3F
- How to download the beta : Go to the Android Market either via the website or through your Android device (phone or tablet), search for Firefox Beta, and install away! If you already have the beta installed, please make sure you have it updated.
- Language choice selection is now available on first run: (https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/Features/langchoice)
- Text Selection capabilities are now available ( https://wiki.mozilla.org/Fennec/Features/androidcopypaste )
- Virtual Keyboards (aka SKB, VKB, Soft Keyboards) : could always use some help in terms of testing. With your favorite keyboard type and web pages, please help with the testing.
- Website Compatibility : social sites like google plus, facebook; banking sites ; blogs, rss feeds, meme pages like reddit to give an example of some of the sites that we would love for you to use as an end user. Please use your favorite sites!
- Content copy/paste to clipboard could use more testing