Welcome to the latest edition of our newsletter. Here is what the QA team has been up to the last two weeks as well as some QA-related events that may be of interest:
- September 21, 2011: Lindsey Simon: use 10000 browsers meetup in San Francisco
- November 4-6, 2011: Mozilla Festival in London
- September 16, 2011: Firefox 8 SUMO reports Test Day
Dave Hunt has written a guest blog post on the softwaretestingclub.com website which gives an introduction to existing plugins for Selenium IDE. 
Our team is still working on investigating the testing of the different products in the OpenWeb Applications project. Our current focus is at the OWA market place  and the OWA Firefox extension.
Even with the infrastructure goal pulled of from our team goals this quarter, we want to make some progress in getting necessary infrastructure defined. Therefore we have to know the strategy for automation, especially for our Mozmill tests. As a first step Dave Hunt came up with the initial steps in how to setup a CI system with Jenkins for Mozmill tests. 
For the new version of our manual testing tool known as Case Conductor, the extraction tool for Litmus tests has been completed. With it we can directly import all existing manual tests and feed them into our new system.
- Telemetry has landed; Please turn this on. You can find this in the Preference->Feedback-> Send performance data. Details on what this does can be read on mfinkle’s blog ( http://starkravingfinkle.org/blog/2011/08/firefox-mobile-send-performance-data/ )
- Ted has landed an addon called Android Symbol Sender ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/mobile/addon/android-symbol-sender/ ). Please install this as this will help get the correct data from crashes so that we can take action on it.
Firefox mobile has shipped 6.0.2 as well as Firefox 7 beta 5.
Sync and BrowserID have frozen release train work until post all hands week.
- There are Several community events upcoming that we are participating in:
- Contribute to Mozilla booth at Mozilla Festival in London
- MozCamp in Berlin. More details on this event to follow.
- MozCamp Asia in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
- Work continues on the QA Sig role for the Mozilla Reps program. We need your feedback on this role and any suggestions you may have regarding QA and testing.
- Last week we shipped the latest version of Firefox 7 beta.
- The SUMO team now has a mailing list that you can sign up for that will cover one topic in detail per product (Desktop, Mobile and Sync) from a selection of the most popular issues/pain points that our end users have.
In addition to the regular set of releases we do every week for our AMO (6.2.3), SUMO (2011-09-06), FlightDeck (0.9.11), and Socorro (2.2.3) projects, we also really ramped up testing for Mozillians (test plan). In just a couple of weeks, we’ll begin testing another fun project, Mozilla Affiliates, which is meant to replace the Spread Firefox Affiliates program we’ve since retired. If you’re interested in helping us test any of these projects, or just want to learn more about what we do, please feel free and encouraged to contact us via your preferred method; we look forward to helping you get involved!