This Friday we are going to host a testday to go over unconfirmed bugs in Firefox 4.
Many bugs have been filed after the Firefox 4 launch. We need your help to sift out any Unconfirmed bugs which may not have been confirmed by the QA team or community.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to make a valuable contribution to Firefox and make it better. Testing these bugs to see if they are reproducible allows us to make sure Firefox is stable, and it allows us to vet out any regressions which may be hiding in Bugzilla.
Here’s what we will be doing:
- Download and install the latest Firefox 4 build for your platform and locale
- Join us on irc.mozilla.org #testday
- Go through the list of unconfirmed bugs, which will be posted on the etherpad link.
- Try to reproduce the bug in Firefox using the reporter’s steps to reproduce
- If you can reproduce it, confirm the bug.
- If you can’t reproduce it, add a comment in the bug along with your build ID
- If you do not have access to confirm a bug, simply add your name and the bug to the list
- Be sure to add [fx4-unco-bugday] to the whiteboard field of any bugs you triage
- The person who verifies the most bugs will get a $50 voucher for Amazon.com
Don’t worry if you’ve never done anything like this before. We’ll have people from Mozilla QA on hand to answer any questions and to help guide you through process.
If you are interested, please join us on Friday, April 1st!