- This event has passed.
Testday: Firefox 4 Beta 1
July 2, 2010 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
The MozQA community is holding a Testday on Friday, July 2nd, for users interested in the use of Firefox 4! We’re going to have the Firefox Dev and QA teams available to help people, perform exploratory testing on the newest Beta build and just generally chat about the project for the community via IRC Chat (channel #testday on irc://irc.mozilla.org). So, if you’re interested, come on by anytime between 7AM to 5PM PDT that Friday!
How to Get Started
- Download the latest build from this location.
- Please run Litmus manual tests under this test run.
- If you run with lots of addons, please install The Addon Compatibility Reporter
Beta 1 Feature Focus Areas
- Feedback – This is the integration of the Mozilla labs project known as “Test Pilot” into the browser
- NPAPI Cocoa Event Model – Mac
- Out of Process Plugins
- Make sure to check High Definition Videos and go into Full screen when testing plugins
- Mac OOPP is turned on but you will not be able to submit reports
- Out of Process Plugins bugs
- Add-ons Manager redesign
- Note: This feature is not fully implemented in Beta 1 – please check the Google spreadsheet in this link for the open bugs before filing any new ones. It is expected that many addons will not be compatible with the beta
- Antivirus and firewall interactions – we should at least try this list which contains the top programs
- Direct2D – Note that this feature is not enabled by default in Beta 1. Would like to get some manual testing on the sites listed in the linked test plan.
- Web Page Inspector
- Interactive Console (Heads Up Display)
- Note that this feature will be renamed in a future version of Firefox
- For these areas, you can explore doing different operations in each area:
- Firefox Menu and Toolbars
- Session Restore
- Undo close window/tab
- Form and password manager
- Importing data from other browsers
- Profile migration
- Scenarios where users start out with 3.6, try out 4.0b1, and go back to 3.6
- These scenarios with Testpilot and Feedback in mind
Surfing Safari – Other fun things to try
- Check out some of these sites and report to us in the channel if you see issues with layout, content, functionality, etc.
- Try typing about:memory in the URL bar