- This event has passed.
Testday – AMO Collections – September 1st, 2010
September 1, 2010 @ 7:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hello there, and welcome to the AMO test day! Thanks for volunteering your time and energy to help us improve addons.mozilla.org! Below, you’ll find the setup information and some use-cases to help guide you in your testing; feel free, though, to go off on your own and just ad-hoc test!
Staging server: https://next.addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/
What are we testing?
The focus for this testday are the changes for 5.11.9 which includes-
- The new Collections pages.
- View/Edit Profile pages
- Password reset page
- User Registration and Verification
What are Collections?
Collections are groups of related add-ons created by users to share.
What to test?
Here are a few things you could check for:
- Functionality – a Feature does what it is supposed to do.
- Layout issues
- Usability (does something not make sense? seem hard to use?)
- Security – XSS,encoding/escaping issues, etc.
- Error handling – System fails gracefully and displays useful and appropriate user/error messages
Pages/features to be tested
- Collection landing page
- Collection Creation
- Edit/Delete Collection
- Privacy setting for Collections
- Multiple Install for collections
- Transferring Owners
- Collection sorts
- View Profile Page
- Edit profile page
- Password reset page
- Collection Search
Litmus test-run for new Collections:
You can run our testrun for Collections here
You can also help us do end-to-end testing by running the testruns listed below:
- Testrun for AMO Public pages – Includes testcases to validate user functionalities like adding add-on reviews,updating user profile etc. Don’t forget to spiral around scenarios to check for edge-cases.
- Testrun for AMO Search – Includes testcases to test Search functionality on AMO. Don’t forget to spiral around scenarios to check for edge-cases.
- Testrun for Add-on Collector – Includes testcases to check for the extension Add-on Collector. Learn more about Add-on Collector here
- Testrun for AMO Tagging – Includes testcases to validate tagging add-ons. Don’t forget to spiral around scenarios to check for edge-cases.
- Testrun for Button-states – Includes testcases to test the different button-states on AMO.
What *not* to worry about?
- Don’t worry about -261 or -203 errors when trying to install an add-on; the preview server doesn’t always have the most up-to-date files synced to it from the production database
You found a bug!
Awesome! First thing you need to do is to check whether it’s a known issue. You can search for existing AMO bugs here
If you found a new/un-reported bug, give yourself a pat on the back and then please file the bug here
Also, if you have permissions, please add [testday09012010] to the status whiteboard; thanks!
You want to do more
Thanks for your interest in further testing our websites here at Mozilla! For an overview and ways to engage with us, please see https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Execution/Web_Testing/Contribute. If you have any questions along the way, the best way to reach the team is via IRC, in #mozwebqa, on irc.mozilla.org. Here are some instructions for those of you new to IRC.
For complete and up-to-date information, please see: https://wiki.mozilla.org/QA/Execution/Web_Testing/AMO/Testday/09012010