- This event has passed.
Firefox 4 FIXED Bugday this Friday!
February 4, 2011 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
As some of you may already know, we released Firefox 4.0 beta 10 last week. These releases are coming fast and furious. In an effort to make Firefox 4 even better, the developers have been fixing hundreds of bugs; this is where you come in. We need your help to verify these bugs have been fixed.
This is an excellent opportunity for you to make a valuable contribution to Firefox and make it better. Verifying these bugs are fixed allows us to make sure Firefox is rock solid for release day and allows us to vet out any regressions which may be hiding.
Here’s what we will be doing:
- Download and install the Firefox 4 Beta 11 build for your platform and locale
- Join us on irc.mozilla.org #bugday
- Go through the list of bugs
- Try to reproduce the bug in Firefox
- If you can reproduce it, reopen the bug
- If you can’t reproduce it, mark the bug verified fixed
- If you do not have access, simply add your name and the bug to the list
- be sure to add [fx4-fixed-bugday] to the whiteboard field of any bugs you triage
- The person who verifies the most bugs will get a $50 voucher for Amazon.com
Don’t worry if you’ve never done anything like this before. We’ll have people from Mozilla QA on hand to answer any questions and to help guide you through process.
If you are interested, please join us this Friday!